Pino Rando was born in 1942 in Savona, and moved to Genoa in the 60's. He learned ceramic technique in S.Margherita Ligure, in the laboratory of Stephen D'Amico. He attended the 'Ligustica' academy in Genoa and followed courses in painting with Rocco Borella and chalcography with Franco Leidi. In 1974 he took part in a course of incision work held by Franco Leidi, near the Lunnevads Folkhoskola in Sweden and in 1979 he prepared a personal exhibition of graphics in Linkoping. Since 1967 he has participated in many collective exhibitions and has prepared personal exhibitions of ceramics, painting and graphics. In 1993, for the first time he held an exhibition of sculptures in terra cotta and lead fusions entitled "Fragments",at the Cisterns of S. Maria Di Castello in Genoa. It was introduced by Prof. Frank Sborgi and the Superintendent of the Regional Board for Archaeological Heritage and Environmental Conservation in Liguria, Dott. Mirella Marini Calvani. Renovator for the Regional Board for Archaeological Heritage and Environmental Conservation in Liguria from 1983 to 1997, he carried out maintenance and restoration on ceramic artefacts, lapiedei, glassy, bronzy; of Prehistoric , Roman and Medieval eras, from all the archaeological sites in Liguria. He has created relationships and record restoration cards, some of which have been published in catalogues for exhibitions and publications organised by the Regional Board for Archaeological Heritage and Environmental Conservation in Liguria.
Pino Rando has held training courses related to restoration techniques and maintenance of archaeological material in 1990 at the Santi Institute and in 1991 and 1993 at the Institute of International Cultural Research in Genoa. From 1997-2000 he taught theoretical practice in Restoration, Techniques in Maintenance and Restoration in Turin, organized by the Piedmont Region.